Lots of people ask us how to put together a basic treasure map.
If you want to make one yourself, take a look at these step by step photo instructions in this FREE e-book, or try something like this:
1. Blank sheet of paper.
2. Using pencil, draw a shaky outline of the perimeter of your hunt – i.e. the garden, the front room or the village.
3. Do some shading outside this line then bulk up the main line.
4. Sketch on the key elements in the area as traditional pirate map items, i.e. if it was based in the kitchen – make the kitchen a castle, the sink a pool etc.
5. Put some paths on. If none exist then make some up.
6. Add some feint embellishments such as a compass, sea monster, waves and grass.
7. Don’t forget to add the most important thing: X marks the spot!
8. Now make yourself a nice cup of tea, and while you are at it – rub your paper down with the tea bag. Let it dry, have another cup of tea and make the edges darker than the centre.
9. Let the paper dry again and then scrunch it up into a ball and then flatten it out to the best of your ability.
You now have a real treasure map!
If you are looking for professionally made treasure maps then look no further.
Get in touch with us. www.treasurehuntdesign.com